Demon Lord’s Companion: A Sourcebook for Shadow of the Demon Lord RPG
As the Demon Lord’s influence creeps across the land, it touches more people, awakening in them crippling dread, tempting them to commit unspeakable acts, or to rise up and take a stand and fight back against the spreading darkness. In the end times, all must choose a side, to save the world or watch it burn.
The Demon Lord’s Companion reveals new options for players and Game Masters alike, providing a host of new options such as:
- Faun and Halfling ancestries
- Six expert paths including the psychic and mountebank
- A dozen master paths such as the blackguard, martial artist, and Alchemical Items, Forbidden Items, Marvels of Engineering, and new Potions
- New rules for creating gear and using vehicles
- Alchemy, Demonology, Telekinesis, and more new traditions of magic
- Magical places, relics, new creatures, and more!
An essential addition to the Shadow of the Demon Lord line of products, the Demon Lord’s Companion is bound to take your games into darker and stranger places!
A Deeper Look into the Demon Lord’s Companion
Content for Shadow of the Demon Lord was never a problem. I spent the time leading up to the Kickstarter campaign designing, testing, redesigning, massaging, and doing all the work I needed to do to get the game as close to editing-ready as I could so I wouldn’t have to spend time during production to fill out the book—the last thing I needed was pressure to create on top of everything else. I wound up with enough material to fill another hundred pages beyond the 272 that made it into the book. (And, by the way, 272 was never the plan. I set 256 as a hard limit but we discovered during layout that we needed the extra pages to include all the content, despite my meticulous estimations and we still had to leave out a few pieces of art that I’m sure will make their way to you in future products.)