Disciples of the Demon Lord
Want more adventures? Want to write adventures? You’re in luck! We’ve partnered with OneBookShelf to launch a creative community so anyone can publish adventures for Shadow of the Demon Lord. Check it out here.
Shadow of the Demon Lord Localizations
Our friends at Pensamento Coletivo have released Shadow of the Demon Lord in Portuguese! Check it out here: here.
Our friends at Wyrd Edizioni have released Shadow of the Demon Lord in Italian as a gorgeous boxed set! Check it out here: here.
Our friends at Summum Creator have released Shadow of the Demon Lord in Spanish! Check it out here here.
Our friends at System Matters have no released Shadow of the Demon Lord in German! Check it out here.
Our friends at Alis Games have released Shadow of the Demon Lord in Polish! Check it out here.
Our friends at Black Book Editions have released Shadow of the Demon Lord in French! Check it out here.
You can also get Shadow of the Demon Lord in Chinese, here!
Storm Bunny Studios
Mists of Akuma
Almost two centuries ago the lightning-powered ships of Ceramia pierced the skies of Soburin heralding an age of oppression that still marks the lands with the resources stripped from the countryside. Ripped away from a long age of peace and broken by soldiers wielding scientifically advanced weaponry, the warriors of the prefectures were drafted into a distant conflict across the edge of the world and ancient traditions of violence have reawakened a thirst for blood in those few that survive the decaying world. Emperor Hitoshi’s rebellion a decade ago threw down foreign rule but an ancient danger has reappeared to push society to the brink of collapse: the Mists of Akuma.
The corrupting fog transforms those within it into bloodthirsty adeddo-oni, monsters that seek only the rending of flesh and the taste of living meat. Nobles have retreated to the cities dotting the countryside leaving the common folk to face the supernatural haze alone, adding to the undead horde. Nature itself has been perilously wounded and the technology that might save the prefectures is shunned and feared by the Masuto Dynasty and Emperor Hitoshi’s subjects.
Mists of Akuma is an eastern fantasy noir steampunk campaign setting for the Shadow of the Demon Lord RPG. Using new mechanics steeped in eastern lore, the book focuses on providing in-depth urban settings and a diverse array of character options to make truly unique parties of adventurers perfectly suited to survive the decay and desperation in Soburin. Bengoshi (governmental agents) empowered to deputize individuals in service of the Masuto Dynasty are attempting to hold the apocalypse at bay but intrigue and graft are as common and deadly as the corrupting fog, and the ancient threat’s influence is spread all the further by the despair of Emperor Hitoshi’s subjects. Death and corruption are everywhere, and only the devious or strong thrive as the world dies around them.
Can you survive the Mists of Akuma?
In the 250 page Mists of Akuma: Shadow of the Demon Lord rulebook you’ll find…
- An overview of the recent history of Soburin and basic information about the world including the dangerous Mists of Akuma, rules for traveling the prefectures, and what rigors maddened explorers must overcome to visit the apocalypse that has become of the other continents.
- Over 100 NPCs and monsters ranging from foreign generals to eastern dragons, powerful bengoshi and underlings from each of the 24 unique clans, and more than two dozen kami, oni, and tsukumogami!
- Cultural practices and traditions for Soburin inspired by and drawn from eastern lore.
- Gorgeous cover artwork by Claudio Pozas, interior scene illustrations by Indi Martin and Sara Shijo, and character illustrations by Jacob Blackmon and Nathanael Batchelor!
- A chapter each for three different cities: the capital of the Imperial Prefecture, Sanbaoshi, the advanced mechanical metropolis of Kyofu, and the traditionalist magic-steeped settlement of Nagabuki.
- Short stories with gorgeous half page illustrations at the start of each chapter to firmly posit the desperation and diversity inherent to adventuring in Soburin!
- Details on each of the two dozen clans of the prefectures, including the bengoshi that negotiate on the behalf of each ruling family’s lady or lord and how the Kengen Occupation affected each region of Soburin.
- 6 maps for the continent and its settlements by cartographers Michael McCarthy, Mike Myler, and Tommi Salama!
- 16 new races to breathe life into Soburin, making it an exotic and unique world that is eager to shrug off the shackles of western imperialism.
- Ancestral Blessings (to give adventurers an edge in this unforgiving world) and martial arts stances, 3 new magic traditions and various new spells, 11 new expert paths (including ninja, samurai, and wu-jen!), 4 new master paths (for gun priests, misted ragers, and more), and 8 pages of new equipment that ranges from new armor and weapons to steampunk prostheses and vehicles!
- Revenge of the Pale Master, an epic 25 page mystery adventure for expert adventurers set in the industrialized city of Kizaki beneath the shadow of an ancient, evil necromancer that has the settlement firmly within his ethereal grasp.
Available in print and as a PDF from DriveThruRPG!